Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Good Friday!

Hey everyone!

Today marks the anniversary of one of the most SIGNIFICANT days in history. As a believer in Christ, this momentous day always helps me to put my life into perspective. As sinners, where would we be has Christ not gone and died for ALL of our sins? Regardless of if we believe in him or not, he died for YOU and Me. As a kid, I grew up in church celebrating Good Friday and Easter(Resurrection Sunday) without fully realizing the magnitude of the occasions. As an adult, with a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, it's hard for me not to think of this day...EVERYDAY, and thank the LOrd for his sacrificial love. There is no "greater love for a man than to lay down his life for his friend" (John 15:13). Not only did Jesus Christ lay down his life for his friends, but for the very people that made it their life's missions to slander,hate,abuse, and eventually kill him. Some of his last words on the cross were utterances of forgiveness to the father on their behalf...."forgive them father, for they know not what they are doing"( Luke 23:34).

I can't imagine doing what Jesus did. Although I have been called the "nicest" person by many, I still could not imagine giving up my LIFE for those who despise me. That takes a special,one-of-a-kind type of love......a love like that is worth living my life for, worth laying down my desires and STRIVING to repay. I love Jesus so much, and I'm so thankful that he saw through the pain and deception, and carried out his father's will....JUST...BECAUSE.....HE LOVES US.Amen.

(Image is from the movie Passion of the Christ)








No comments:

Post a Comment